Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The 'Technically Thursday' Covers!

In light of a 'pick your favorite band of two' thing I saw going around on MySpace. I thought I'd make a post with a few 'pick your favorite of two songs covering the same topis in different ways'...

Oh right, the title says covers. Thats because I decided the other thing would take too long, so you'll get that some other time. For now, you're getting my favorite or possibly only versions of some classic and/or cheesy songs.

First up, a disco classic! (but please keep reading anyway)

# YMCA - The Skunks

Well, as some of the people who read this may or may not know, I have weakness for disco music that stems from having been very obsessed with music in my youth. Problem being basically no exposure to decent music or possession of any kind of musical talent. As is such, I'm one of these sad people who does know all the words to songs he really shouldn't. But what am I gonna do?

# No Woman No Cry - [Spunge]

The next song is less of a direct cover than the others, being that I'm not entirely sure that the lyrics are even remotely close. :-p None-the-less, a nice take on an old classic. Give it a listen, and don't linch me.

# Hotel California (Live) - The Eagles

Second from last, the excellent live rendition of Hotel California, by the Eagles. I refuse to say anymore, on the grounds that you should listen to the song. Now.

# We Are The Champions - Gavin DeGraw

Y'know what I said about the last song? That goes almost double for this. ... yes, this song is a double live rendition of the Hotels Californias by those Eagleses...

The Listening Thing! Do it!

No comments: