Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Revival and Download Special!

So, in honour of the fact that I'm no way near as hungover as I thought I would be, the fact that I went to Download Festival a while back and... Oh, I don't know, awesome music. I'm going to update this little blog thing a little bit.

So, as I just typed a little while ago, me and my friends went to download. So this fine tuesday afternoon, I'll be putting up some mp3s to go with the festival's highlights as I saw them! Because I can, I'm even going to seperate them into days!

Friday, caught a little bit of Paramore, who Jon had previously recommended. While he didn't seem to be impressed with how over the top their performance was I was impressed by the music itself. They have a new album coming out, so here's a song off Riot!

# That's What You Get - Paramore

Saturday, much to the chagrin of some of our friends Jon, Lisa, Josh and I went to see Head Automatica rather than Linkin Park. In our defense Head Automatica are absolutely fantastic and Linkin Park's new album isn't. That said, we still caught a nice chunk of LP anyway. So, Automatica were amazing, high energy performance with good crowd reaction. I have to put Please Please Please here, just by virtue of the hilarious band crowd interaction that came before it.
"This is a song about L.A."
"BOOOO!"
"Wait, you actually Booed Los Angeles? We're not from there. Anyway this song is called Please Please Please."
"WOOOO!"

# Please Please Please - Head Automatica

And, just because it was so perfect when everyone was singing along, and because it gave a perfect festival atmosphere despite most of donwload being at Linkin Park...

# The Razor - Head Automatica

Sunday, final day. Reel Big Fish not only played an awesome tent headlining act, unhampered by the hoardes of people watching Iron Maiden. They also did a little unplanned 6 song set while Evanescence were playing which was so awesome. The set was fantastic from beginning to end. We were even taught the rock-sign-language for lesbian sex.

# She Has A Girlfriend Now - Reel Big Fish

For some more Download Highlights, check out the music Jon picked up at the festival here.

No comments: